The goal of this guide is to provide a detailed view of the new development about reception /picking one-step on PdT.
Setup the environment
Global → Global Application → Application → Warehouse Management → Tailoring → Actions and Working Units → Work Unitid Manegement [AL118]
List the type of working unit that you will use for this process. Go to Actions, and define the action types with the actions, as the example below.
The new actions are:
- 5380: Article Identification;
- 5390: Quantities definition;
- 5400: Label and container declaration;
- 5410: Declare AT’s;
- 5280: Free TA’s Declaration to Return Suplier;
- 5480: Free TA’s Declaration to Return Suplier Rec/Exec.
Global → Global Application → Application → Warehouse Management → Tailoring → Operative Flows → Warehouse Operations [AL102]
List the operations that you will use for this process and edit each operation, as shown in the examples below:
- Without Rough Goods Rec.: activate this flag so that the Administrative Receiving is done automatically
- Reception Automatic Process: configure the option “Rough Goods Receipt Distribution” so that the Distribution is done automatically.
- Share Rule: configure here how the articles will be distributed by stores, with either the option “Rec&Pick: Without Fair Sharing with Grouping” or the option “Rec&Pick: Proportional with Grouping” (to enable the field “Share Rule”, activate the flag “Picking during Receiving”).
- AT Base: configure here with “Mandatory declaration” (with this option, in the PDT the operator will have to declare the empty)
Global → Global Application → Application → Warehouse Management → Operational Definitions → Determinations → Alternative Operation Determination [AL342]
Select, for example, “By Flow, Operation T., Wareh., Interlecuter, D.Point” and press Next.
Add a new configuration, as the example below, to configure an alternative execution operation:
With this configuration the system will determine what is the execution operation that it will use, and that will be associated with the expedition containers created.
Global → Global Application → Application → Master Data → Warehouse Management → Containers → Containers Definitions [AD012]
Select container, go to Options → Alternative Containers.
The containers configured here will be the alternative containers shown in the field “Container Type” (besides the article default container).
Select container and edit.
If the field “Segregation Type”, for example, if the option selected is “Mono Article IN and OUT”, the system will not allow to execute different articles to the same container.
If the field “Multi Expiration date picking” is not checked, for example, the system will not allow to execute different expiration dates to the same container.
If the field “Multi Batch Record picking” is not checked, for example, the system will not allow to execute different batch records to the same container.
Accessories Transport on ATs
Select container, go to Options → Accessories Transport On ATs List. Choose the “Picking/ Marshalling” list and click Next.
The Transport Accessories configured in this list will be the empties available in the field “Empty type” during the execution process.
Operation on PdT
Accept WU and declare article
Accept the WU by entering 1 into the field and pressing “CONF”.
The operator should declare the article and press “CONF”.
Barcode field and “ARCTICLE LIST” button.
Reception/Execution of distributed articles
After declaring the article, if the article was distributed to a store, the system will present the store information and ask to declare the quantities, as well as the expiration date (if the article is managed with expiration date). The suggested quantity depends on the quantities from the Purchase Order (PO), as well as the Share Rule that is configured, as follows:
- If the PO’s received quantity is less than the Store’s requested quantity (and less than the execution container created), the system will suggest the PO’s received quantity (with or without fair share, depending on the rule configured);
- If the PO’s received quantity is equal or more than the Store’s requested quantity, the system will suggest the Store’s requested quantity (or the maximum quantity for the execution container created).
Note: if the operator receives/picks partially the distributed quantities, later the system will request to receive/pick the remaining quantities.
Label, Container type and Variable Empty Declaration
After receiving/picking the quantities for a store, the system asks to declare the shipping container Label and Container Type, as well as the Variable Empty (if the article has Var. Empty configured):
- In the label declaration, the systems validates: segregation type, label, article and store. For example: if the type of segregation is Mono article IN and OUT, and the operator declares a label that already exists, the system will verify if the article is the same. It also verifies if the store is the same.
- In the container type declaration, the systems validates: if the operator declares a label that already exists, by changing the Container Type and Empty Type, the system will update the ones that are associated to the execution container, also, if the operator declares a label that already exists, the Container Type field is not mandatory, therefore, if the operator doesn’t change the Container Type, the system keeps the Container and Empty Type already associated.
Depending on the configuration for the containers [AD012], the system will validate the expiration date and the batch record.
The container type combo box will be selected by default with the container type calculated based on the best fit for the picked quantities declared.
After declaring the shipping container label and type, the system will ask for the Empty for that container.
The empty list presented depends on the type of container declared on the previous screen, and for that container type it shows the corresponding empties, configured in AD012.
Article, Reception and Transport Accessories Summary
When the operator has finished receiving an article (either as receiving/picking one step or for stock), the system will present the article summary.
After the operator finishes the reception of all articles from the PO, the system will present the Transport Accessories Summary screen.
After the Reception Empties declaration, the system presents the Reception Summary screen, where the operator can confirm, and finish the Working Unit. This screen is also accessible from the button “Receiving Summary” available throughout the PDT screens.
Receiving for stock
When the operator has finished receiving/picking an article for a store, but there are still quantities to receive from the PO, the system will present an alert message, informing the operator that there are no more distributed quantities for stores and that the article will be received for stock.
If the operator declares an article that has not distributed quantities, the message will also be presented.
Note: this message is only presented to the operator once, per article.
View expiration date
Global → Global Application → Application → Warehouse Management → Goods Issue → Picking Containers [AL064]
For the articles with expiration date, now you can see it on [AL064], by selecting an container and then go to Article Details.